Welcome to Forfar Road Runners
Forfar Road Runners welcomes runners of all abilities to join them in training. Monday nights are typically speedwork, this is a great starting point for completely new runners because everyone works at their own pace and can take rests when needed whilst still being close within the group training. Wednesday nights – winter runs are longer steady runs in the town, 6.2 miles with options for longer runs for those who want to add loops or short cuts for those building up their mileage. In Summer the routes are out of town and can be up to 9 miles but usually have options for people to do shorter routes. We have a good variety of abilities and you will find that there is always someone who will keep new runners company on their runs.
Running in groups provides safety, companionship, motivation and guidance for those unfamiliar with the streets of Forfar and the surrounding area.
We look forward to having you run with us!
Benefits of joining the club are:
– Organised, shared transport to running events.
– Advice on training at all levels, from qualified coaches and members.
– Discounts from local Running Shops.
– Entry forms for all the main running events.
– Places for the London Marathon.
– Advice from experienced hill, cross country, marathon, road and track runners.
– Encouragement, motivation, companionship and not least enjoyment.
Forfar Road Runners meet on:
Mondays at 1845hrs at Reid Park and
Wednesdays at 1830hrs at Lochside Leisure Centre (beginners / improvers should be at the Leisure Centre from 1820hrs)
An extra run is available on Sundays at 0830hrs from the Leisure Centre or 0900hrs leaving from Ivy Terrace.
For further information use the contact form