ROAD RUNNING CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP
SUBSCRIPTIONS MUST BE FULLY PAID UP TO QUALIFY FOR CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP POINTS
The championship comprises 5 constituent elements with the best 4 to count from:
- Fastest marathon from any event world-wide;
- Best half marathon from any SAF or AAAF permitted event;
- Best 10-mile time from a permitted event;
- Best 10KM from a permitted SAF/AAAF event and
- Best 5KM from a permitted SAF/AAAF event. In addition, one lap of the 6mile handicap series we (FORFAR ROAD RUNNERS) organise at Suttieside, will count towards the 5KM part of the championship.
Points will be awarded on performance with the ½ marathon, 10mile, 10KM and 5KM attracting 25 points for the fastest, 23 points for 2nd fastest, 21 points for 3rd etc.
The marathon will attract 30 points for the fastest, 28points for 2nd, 26 points for 3rd etc. This points weighting to reflect the additional commitment to train, prepare for and participate in the longer event.
HALF MARATHON CHAMPIONSHIP – This championship is decided on the aggregate of the best three times from any SAF/AAAF permitted event.
SIX MILE CHAMPIONSHIP – This championship is decided on the aggregate of the best 3 out of the 6 handicap races the club organises at Suttieside from May to October. The age-related multiplier, as laid down by Scottish Athletics, will be applied to the aggregate times.
- Club colours to be worn in championship qualifying events
- It is the responsibility of the member to inform club secretary of race results and performance bests.